Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.6% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.5% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 6.4% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.