Basic materials stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 1.1% today and up 23.1% in the last month.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.