Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 1.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.0% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 3.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.0% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 3.1% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.6% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.