Basic materials stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 2.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.