Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 11.0% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 4.3% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 3.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.6% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.