Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.