Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 3.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 3.6% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.3% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 4.0% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 3.7% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 1.2% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cit Group Inc [Del] (CIT): CIT stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.