Financial stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.4% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 2.1% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 1.9% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 4.3% today and down 25.6% in the last month.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 1.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is down 1.2% today and down 22.6% in the last month.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 0.2% today and down 23.8% in the last month.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.