Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 4.1% today and up 21.5% in the last month.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 1.7% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.5% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.