Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.7% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.6% today and up 31.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 6.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.1% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.1% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.