Basic materials stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 6.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 4.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.7% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.8% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 10.6% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 4.1% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 4.5% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.