Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 4.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.