Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ford Motor Company (F): F stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is down 1.9% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Shanda Games Limited (GAME): GAME stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is down 0.4% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Autoliv Inc (ALV): ALV stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.