Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 0.7% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 0.6% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 0.5% today.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is down 0.4% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is down 0.1% today and down 24.5% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.