Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq fell 2.1% and the S&P 500 was down 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 2.8% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 2.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.