Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.4% today and down 28.4% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.8% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.8% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.