Capital goods stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.1% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is down 0.7% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.3%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.