Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 2.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 4.5% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 2.1% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.