Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 6.0% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is up 3.0% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.9% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 2.8% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is up 3.2% today.
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.0% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.