Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 3.7% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 0.7% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.