Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.1% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.