Basic materials stocks remained flat on Tuesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.9% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 0.8% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 0.6%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.