Energy stocks fell 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 10.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 0.8% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 6.1% today and down 51.9% in the last month.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 4.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 3.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 3.4% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 3.0% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.