Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Monday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.1% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 0.7% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 0.7% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 0.7% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 2.3% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.8% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is down 1.6% today.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.