Financial stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 1.8% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sei Investments Company (SEIC): SEIC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.4% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 3.3% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.9% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.