Financial stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 2.0% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Wintrust Financial Corp (WTFC): WTFC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 0.2% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.