Financial stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 2.0% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Wintrust Financial Corp (WTFC): WTFC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 0.2% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.