Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.9% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 1.2% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 0.4% today and up 34.6% in the last month.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 3.9% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 3.9% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.