Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Advanced Drainage Systems Inc. (WMS): WMS stock is up 7.7% today.
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc (BEE): BEE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH): TXRH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB): PEB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dineequity Inc (DIN): DIN stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is down 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is down 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Heartland Payment Systems (HPY): HPY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Armour Residential R (ARR): ARR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cys Investments Inc (CYS): CYS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Reed Elsevier Plc (RUK): RUK stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.