Utilities stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.2% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.