Energy stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 3.6% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.