Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 1.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 4.1% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 2.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 2.4% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd (PTP): PTP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 1.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB): FNB stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.