Financial stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is up 4.4% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 3.6% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is up 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.3% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 3.4% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.1% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE): GLRE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.1% today.
- BB&T Corp (BBT): BBT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.