Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 3.6% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.3% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Stancorp Financial Group (SFG): SFG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.4% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 1.2% today and down 22.5% in the last month.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NBT Bancorp Inc (NBTB): NBTB stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.