Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.4%, the Nasdaq was down 1.6% and the S&P 500 declined 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cohen & Steers Infrastructure Fund (UTF): UTF stock is up 1.9% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.4% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.2% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources (GGN): GGN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 6.7% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 5.0% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 4.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 4.9% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 4.7% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 4.5% today and down 25.9% in the last month.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 3.5% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is down 3.5% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is down 3.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.