Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is up 3.6% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 3.0% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 3.6% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc (AVNR): AVNR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 1.0% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals Inc (SGNT): SGNT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.