Services stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 6.6% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is up 5.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 5.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is up 5.4% today.
- Brady Corp (BRC): BRC stock is up 5.5% today.
- Sonic Automotive (SAH): SAH stock is up 5.1% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 5.1% today.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is up 5.0% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is up 4.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 4.1% today.
- Retail Properties of America (RPAI): RPAI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PHI): PHI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Crown Castle International Corp (CCI): CCI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cabela’s Inc (CAB): CAB stock is down 0.8% today.
- American Realty Capital Propert (ARCP): ARCP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Equity Residential (EQR): EQR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.