Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NLSN): NLSN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 4.0% today.
- Ventas Inc (VTR): VTR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT): HT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Dupont Fabros Technology (DFT): DFT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 1.8% today.
- HCP Inc (HCP): HCP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Entertainment Properties Trust (EPR): EPR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bt Group Plc (BT): BT stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 4.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is down 1.8% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is down 1.8% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.