Services stocks declined on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.4%, the Nasdaq fell 1.6% and the S&P 500 declined 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- New York Times Company (NYT): NYT stock is up 9.6% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Cys Investments Inc (CYS): CYS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc (RBA): RBA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is up 2.1% today.
- MFA Financial Inc (MFA): MFA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 1.7% today.
- American Capital Agency (AGNC): AGNC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Hatteras Financial Corp (HTS): HTS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO): CMO stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 7.3% today.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is down 6.0% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is down 6.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL): RCL stock is down 4.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 4.5% today.
- Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK): CNK stock is down 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 4.3% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is down 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is down 3.8% today.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is down 3.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.