Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 2.5% and the S&P 500 declined 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.