Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Monday, down 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.6%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 3.1% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 1.7% today and up 20.0% in the last month.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 7.8% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 5.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 6.4% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 5.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 5.8% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 4.6% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.0% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 4.1% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.6% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 4.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.