Basic materials stocks declined 0.6% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 0.3% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 4.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.3% today and down 21.2% in the last month.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.2% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.0% today and down 21.8% in the last month.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.5% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.