Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 0.7% today and up 20.9% in the last month.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 7.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 4.1% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 3.6% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.5% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 3.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.3% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.