Capital goods stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 5.0% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 13.6% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 4.2% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is down 3.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 3.8% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.