Financial stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 5.6% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 2.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 3.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 2.5% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Trustmark Corp (TRMK): TRMK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.