Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.7%, the Nasdaq declined 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 1.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 1.9% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 1.9% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ): SUSQ stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 4.2% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 3.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 3.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.