Financial stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq was up 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Reinsurance Group of America Inc (RGA): RGA stock is up 3.8% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 3.5% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 3.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is down 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Investors Bancorp (ISBC): ISBC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Northwest Bancshares (NWBI): NWBI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Capitol Federal Financial (CFFN): CFFN stock is down 1.1% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trustmark Corp (TRMK): TRMK stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.