More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 3.3% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is up 3.0% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.4% today and up 30.1% in the last month.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Old National Bancorp Capital (ONB): ONB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is up 1.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Travelers Companies Inc (TRV): TRV stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 6.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 6.5% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 6.2% today.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is down 4.1% today and down 31.5% in the last month.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 3.1% today and down 22.3% in the last month.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is down 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 3.0% today on 9 times normal volume.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.1% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.