Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 5.2% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 5.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.6% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is up 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 4.0% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 3.0% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 6.2% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 6.0% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 3.6% today.
- Brown & Brown (BRO): BRO stock is down 1.7% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.5% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is down 0.4% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.