Healthcare stocks finished down 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.2% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 0.7% today and up 23.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 3.5% today.
- Genomic Health (GHDX): GHDX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 2.5% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.