Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 6.9% today.
- Sonic Automotive (SAH): SAH stock is up 4.8% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 4.6% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 4.4% today and up 36.4% in the last month.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is up 3.9% today.
- Gannett Co. (GCI): GCI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 3.8% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is up 3.8% today.
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Trueblue Inc (TBI): TBI stock is down 9.1% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH): TXRH stock is down 1.7% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Equifax Inc (EFX): EFX stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Tal International Group (TAL): TAL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH): NCLH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.